John Deere Offers What Greenkeepers Need, John Deere Strength
- The John Deere HD top-eject tine provides at least a 3–4 times better performance than a typical look-alike tine.
- All John Deere coring tines are made of the finest 4130 high carbon alloy steel available.
John Deere Performance
- In comprehensive wear testing, John Deere tines outperformed in respect of plugging, breaking and overall wear.
- Alternative brands plugged 78% to 87% of the time (more than three times as often as our HDT tines).*
- Our proprietary manufacturing process creates tines unparalleled in quality and efficiency.
- Their strength and design:
- Lets operators get their course back open faster
- Ensures water and nutritional uptake is consistent
- Maintains consistency of every core – from the first green to the last (using HDT models)
Three Grades of Tine: HDT (Heavy Duty Tipped)
- The highest quality
- Hardened tip
- Exceptionally long lasting up to 19 greens**
- Consistent hole depth and quality throughout lifetime
HD (Heavy Duty)
- Same high quality body as HDT
- Lower specification tip
- Lifetime expectancy up to 8–9 greens**
Conventional (Medium Duty)
- No hardened tip
- Length reduces with use
- Lifetime expectancy up to 4 greens**
Although HDT are typically the most expensive, when you consider they produce consistent, high quality holes on up to 19 greens** without replacement, they offer the best value for money. However, if you experience damage from obstructions in the ground then it is worth considering either HD or Conventional tines.
To learn more about the John Deere tines range, take a look at the John Deere tines brochure (YY0844217E) or visit JDParts online. (Keyword: “Tine”).
John Deere tines are available in:
- Conventional, HD (Heavy Duty) and HDT (Heavy Duty Tip) models
- Lengths ranging from 10.8 to 15.9 cm (4.25” to 6.25”)
- Core diameters 0.95 to 1.9 cm (3/8” to 3/4”)
- Coring, solid and needle versions
You may also be interested in...